Welcome to our 1st newsletter from your
NEW Turkopticon team.
For ten years, Turkopticon has run as a very small shop of a few moderators and Lilly and Six. This was not a sustainable model. We are reorganizing Turkopticon to build better software, build a stronger community, and make Turking good work through and beyond the tool.
Here are some of the current working groups we have
- Mods project – redesigning how we recruit, onboard, and work together as moderators.
- Worker liaison – staying in touch with Turkers across communities and geographic regions to gather feedback, identify issues and help address problems by communicating with Amazon as needed.
- Newsletter – producing a regular newsletter to keep Turkopticon community members up to date with what is happening, ways to get involved, and other content of interest to workers.
- Media – posting to our Turkopticon twitter and social media outlets.
- Software – improving our software front-end & back-end code, and processes.
- Coordinator committee – making sure we have our weekly meetings, agendas, and projects are getting done.
We also have other projects to strengthen our organization with trainings and stabilized financial footing. Working groups meet as necessary online to get things done. Curious? Might want to get more involved? Do you want Turkopticon to thrive? Join us for a meeting. We meet each week on Saturdays, 11am Eastern, through Zoom audio/chat conference. There, we check on what we’ve accomplished and decided what we need to do next. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Turkopticon id and why TO matters to you. We will send in return instructions on how to join the meeting.
Turkopticon is looking to expand its Moderating team by a few fellow turkers. Moderators would be required to spend approximately four hours a month moderating flagged reviews.
Prerequisites involve a general understanding of
Amazon Mechanical Turk and a history of using Turkopticon to review requesters.
If interested please fill out the following form.